[CoMoDev] Re: Mark your calendars: Jun 22 CoMoDev mtg.

  • From: David Beers <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 28 May 2004 11:34:07 -0600

On Fri, 28 May 2004 11:11:04 -0600, dick_grier Grier wrote:
> I'll bring my phone.  It runs 2003.  I'm not sure if I will have
> had time to develop any apps for it by then.

That's ok.  For starters I'd just like to see how it differs from PocketPC and
Palm.

> On GPS... I don't have a Palm app, obviously.  However, I've done
> several PPC apps, so I can show what basic NMEA-0183 decoding looks
> like -- extending that ot GIS/Mapping is a future for me.

Yeah, me too.  Maybe we can make GPS a theme for the July meeting.  I tend to
think this is one of the "killer apps" for handheld computers.  (I've done a
few apps for the Palm, one that does NMEA decoding over a serial port, as you
mentioned, and a couple that use the GPS library built in to the Garmin iQue,
which is a piece of cake to use!)  It'd be great if we can get Jason Simpkins
out for the July meeting, since I know that GPS/GIS is a specialty of his (see
www.aspenleaf.com/palm).  Jason, I think you have a PocketPC version of your
main GPS aircraft navigation product in the works, don't you?