[CoMoDev] Re: Leaving the Group

  • From: David Beers <cervezas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 09:45:27 -0700

Ouch.  Sorry to see you guys moving off into desktop stuff. Mobile is growing,
but it's still a bit of a niche and some companies don't know where to look for
developers like us.

While I have been doing a fair amount of desktop myself, I've been happy to be
shifting back into mobile since the Fall.  For those who are interested in
working with device software, I want to assure you that there are definitely
good positions to be had out there, both full-time and contract.  Even more than
in years past Jan and Feb have been times when I get wind of a good number of
positions, and I doubt I'm the only one.  So please let the list know when you
are looking for work!  That's what CoMoDev is for!

I just made a referral a couple of weeks ago that turned into a cool contract
opportunity for a Palm OS developer I know, and turned away two other
opportunities just last week (not for Colorado companies, but one was FT/perm
working on phone software and the other a telecommute position with a Tablet PC
component).  If anyone is looking for Java ME, Brew, or Tablet PC+desktop Java,
let me know.  I'm expecting some BlackBerry positions to materialize soon, as
well, and also have wind of a Denver company that might be looking for FT/perm
smartphone app developers soon.  Actually, what am I saying: two Denver
companies!

-db