[CoMoDev] Re: Leaving the Group

  • From: Jeff Preston <jpreston12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 8 Feb 2007 07:34:18 -0800 (PST)

Hi Rick,

You doing Windows mobile devices, or "other", or
all of the above? Did you have to move?

I got a full-time job too with a company in San
Fransico. They make GPS hardware. I thought they
hired me to do the embedded software in the
devices, but the Chinese software guy wont let me
get near the hardware. So I am doing Asp.net and
desktop stuff. They are rolling out a device for
wal-mart, and I got to do my first
widely-deployed Windows desktop app tageted to
the computer-illiterate general public (scary
stuff). I am the only one in the company that
ever used Visual Studio, so I guess I am the
"Windows Bitch".

I really love working with mobile devices, and I
miss it. Hopefully I can talk them into some kind
of mobile device project.

Good luck with the real job!

Jeff

http://new.mail.yahoo.com