[CoMoDev] Re: January meeting: Tues 24th at Countermind

  • From: Jeff Preston <jpreston12@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 23 Jan 2006 08:09:26 -0800 (PST)

See you all there. Just returned to US a few days
ago. SOme things have changed in the Mobile world
since I've been gone. Palm split off their
software division? A Treo model with WM2003? Very
interesting.

And it looks like I need to fork up the $$ for VS
2005. I know this is an informal meeting and I
will get a chance to ask you guys some things,
but in case any of you wont be there and might
have an answer, here is what I want to ask:

1. VS 2005 std or pro? Looks like the main
differences are sql 2005 support, deployment
tools, and user experience (whatever that
means...."streamlined user experience"?). As long
as I can still make custom .cab files for mobile
devices with  the standard edition, I will go
that way.
2. Does VS2005 have an SDK for wm2003? I see
wm2003SE listed, but no wm2003. Since it is
suggested that VS2003 be un-installed, just want
to be sure I can support WM2003 apps.
3. I need to port a mobile app to java. My only
project with java was a desktop java app and I
used Eclipse. I actualy started with Netbeans but
never really got a handle on that IDE. Is there a
better IDE for J2ME? Webspere maybe? And I hear
the WebSphere JVM for PocketPC's is very good. I
think it's called "J9".

Thanks!
Jeff Preston

http://mail.yahoo.com