[CoMoDev] Re: Greetings from the new guy...

  • From: "Dick Grier" <dick_grier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 21 Apr 2006 13:30:57 -0600

Karl,

I went last year, but was not able to go this year because of a couple of shedule conflicts.

1. Visit the Microsoft MVP area and talk to the guys and gals there. The have lots of information, and views from the inside. A number of them will be presenting at sessions there (these often are the best sessions, too). Say Hi for me.

2. Plan wisely -- there always are problems with one session conflicting with another. However, often a session is presented more than once.

3. You don't need a laptop (and lugging it to the Keynote speech is not a good idea, IMO). However, there should be free WiFi connectivity, so it is nice to have either a notebook or PPC with WiFi. Of course, I always take my notebook, but I'm a glutton for punishment.

Dick

Richard Grier (Microsoft MVP - Visual Basic)
Hard & Software
12962 West Louisiana Avenue
Lakewood, CO 80228
303-986-2179 (voice)
303-593-9315 (fax)
Homepage: www.hardandsoftware.net

Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 4th Edition ISBN 1-890422-28-2 (391 pages) published July 2004, Revised March 2006.