[CoMoDev] Re: Garbage collection

  • From: David Beers <cervezas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: dick_grier Grier <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Aug 2005 10:30:42 -0600

Andrei, for what it's worth I've never seen the kind of delay you're talking
about just from garbage collection (in Java or .NET CF).  I don't think trying
to "help" the GC by invoking it directly at a certain time is generally a good
idea.  I never do it.  Given all the multithreading you're doing I agree with
Dick that maybe you should be looking for possible deadlocks.