[CoMoDev] Re: Garbage collection

  • From: "dick_grier Grier" <dick_grier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 16 Aug 2005 18:40:25 -0600

Hi Andrei,

However could it be so bad that 400 mHz XScale
hangs for a minute?
<<

I would not think so.  I haven't seen anything like this, but my projects have
been smaller than the one that you have described.

This sounds more like some sort of dead-lock.  Do any of your worker threads
share data or depend on shared objects?  Perhaps something is going on there?

Dick

Richard Grier (Microsoft MVP - Visual Basic)
Hard & Software
12962 West Louisiana Avenue
Lakewood, CO  80228
303-986-2179 (voice)
303-593-9315 (fax)

Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 4th Edition
ISBN 1-890422-28-2 (391 pages) published July 2004. For faster service, contact
the publisher at http://www.mabry.com/vbpgser4<http://www.mabry.com/vbpgser4>.