[CoMoDev] Re: Finding support for .NET CF?

  • From: "dick_grier Grier" <dick_grier@xxxxxxx>
  • To: comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 11:20:03 -0600

The OpenNETCF folks are all quite active on the newsgroups that I mentioned in my earlier message. All of them are Microsoft MVPs (AFAIK), and are quite experienced.

The primary reasons that questions go unresolved (in no special order):

1- The Subject doesn't describe the problem (so people don't read it -- I know that I skip messages where the subject is missing, or too general to interest me).
2- The question is too general. It takes too much guessing by readers to figure out what really needs to be answered.
3- If the question is about a code problem, then a code fragment that duplicates the problem or that illustrates the issue so that guesswork is reduced.
4- At the end of the day, the answer may not be known. Usually, someone will pipe up and say, "You cannot get to Nebraska from Nevada." However, I know that I don't respond it I simply think that there is no answer, but am not sure. Too often I have been wrong in my "thought."

Dick

Richard Grier  (Microsoft Visual Basic MVP)

See www.hardandsoftware.net for contact information.

Author of Visual Basic Programmer's Guide to Serial Communications, 3rd Edition ISBN 1-890422-27-4 (391 pages) published February 2002.