[CoMoDev] Re: Finding support for .NET CF?

  • From: David Beers <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 10:20:28 -0600

I just wanted to say that Dick really *is* active and helpful on the MS
newsgroups.  I wasn't going to make him feel obligated by endorsing him
personally, but he is a tireless contributor and mentor--especially to people
with questions on anything VB-related.

There are a number of MVPs like Dick on the forums he mentions that really are
the backbone of Microsoft's support for the PocketPC platform, IMO.  It's
possible that the reason there seems to be a smaller base of people answering
questions on those newsgroups than on the palm-dev-forum is that the MVPs do
such a good job that others don't feel as much of a compulsion to chip in
themselves.  Also, while I suspect this is changing, I think the base of expert
developers on PPC/WinCE is still smaller than for the Palm OS platform.