[CoMoDev] Re: Finding support for .NET CF?

  • From: David Beers <david@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 23 Jul 2004 07:01:47 -0600

See if this works for you:

Bitmap myImage = new Bitmap(@"\Program Files\test.bmp")

As for responsive support sites, I've had moderate success with the MSDN
newsgroups.  It's not as good as the palm-dev-forum, but that's probably asking
a lot.  I too am curious to know if anyone has found something better.

By the way (off topic) when I first mentioned looking into SuperWaba, the nice
Java VM for Palms and PPCs, I mentioned a shortcoming is that the English
language support community seemed weak.  I was completely wrong about this.
They have a great newsgroup at news.superwaba.net.  Bringing this back to your
question, I wonder: have you checked USENET for active support forums?  I've
not been a big USENET user in the past (except through Google's interface,
which is slow to mirror and only good for searching archives) but I'm beginning
to see the light.

David