[CoMoDev] FYI regarding the RFP feature

  • From: David Beers <cervezas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 12:25:42 -0600

As you may be aware, not all of the list members are local to Colorado, so I
want to clarify something with regard to the sharing of RFPs that come in off
of www.comodev.com.  My idea in starting Colorado Mobile Developers was to help
build the local mobile software economy on the Colorado Front Range, and the
way the RFP feature is billed on the site is as a service for Colorado
companies "looking for local developers."  Consequently, I'll only be
forwarding RFPs to developers that are local (in Colorado).

This is not meant to be a slight to anyone who doesn't live in Colorado, nor do
I want it to be interpreted as some kind of political statement since I happen
to believe that globalization and free competition are a Good Thing.  (Some who
know me may even think I occasionally go too far in defending these ideals.)
But I pay for the CoMoDev site with my own money and time and see it as a
matter of helping one's own "family" first.

At the moment it's a small thing, but I'd love to think that CoMoDev and other
organizations like it could eventually make a tangible difference for people
who want to make a living doing mobile software development but prefer to do it
in Colorado if they can, rather than have to move to Silicon Valley or some
such.  If we Colorado mobile developers start to make enough of a name for
ourselves collectively it will attract new opportunities and new talent to our
area so that more of us can "live the dream" right here. And wouldn't that be
cool?

If you aren't local to Colorado and would like to register to receive RFPs from
companies from all over, check out www.mobilecoders.com or www.guru.com and I
think you'll find what you're looking for.

Best wishes to all!
David
---