[CoMoDev] Delphi anyone?

  • From: David Beers <cervezas@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 22 Apr 2005 17:28:19 -0600

I know we have at least one or two Delphi developers out there, in the closet
or otherwise.  Note: I don't do Delphi myself but some of my best friends do.
;-)

There's been a pretty good Delphi environment for Palm OS for quite a while out
there called PocketStudio.   I've heard from at least one guy that it is good
and from the web site it sounds nice: http://www.winsoft.sk/pstudio.htm.  The
new news, though, is that Delphi .NET (that alone was news to me!) now supports
the .NET Compact Framework:  http://www.msmobiles.com/news.php/3755.html

While I'm on the subject, back on the Palm side there is a well-regarded set of
VCL components and Delphi classes for developing HotSync conduits called
TurboSync: http://www.tabdee.ltd.uk/Downloads/TurboSync.html  FWIW, Jim Cooper,
the guy who developed this is an all around great guy who from what I've seen
goes out of his way to help folks with conduit issues.  Conduit development is
*not* the easiest part of the Palm OS, though enthusiasts tell me that
everything is better on Delphi.  <shrug>

It's ok. In CoMoDev we have a "don't ask, don't tell" policy so no one has to
know what you do in the privacy of your own compiler!

(Note: if you're "out" as a Delphi developer I don't want you flaming me or
going on some Pascalian rampage that I'd probably agree with anyway.  I'm just
having a little fun with you! :-)

David
---
David Beers