[CoMoDev] Re: A new onboard Palm resource editor

  • From: "Rick Sands" <Rick@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <comodev@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Dec 2004 13:37:02 -0700

Thanks for the tip... It's a good first go and deserves to be watched.  Your
comments about RsrcEdit (currently "maintained" by Quartus.net), are right
on the mark.  However, BIRD has it's own problems, too.  For example, it
calls traps not available on some a basic OS 4.x emulator when trying to
open a bitmap.  Another is that is "assumes" the same menu as the
application it may have opened (e.g. Open AddressBook and the BIRD screen
showing the resources has gets it's menu from the AddressBook itself).

My guess is that BIRD will evolve faster than RsrcEdit, so again, this is an
app to watch.

-Rick