[commcamp] Re: Dates for comunications camp

  • From: FloridaCyclist@xxxxxxx
  • To: christopher.hastings@xxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2007 22:44:05 EDT

Sgt Hastings,

I was afraid this would come up and this has been thought through as
carefully as possible. The comm camp was originally scheduled for May 26- Jun
3.
When I found out that there are 3 school districts in the state that I know  of
that carry into that week (Broward, Martin, and Alachua), it was re-scheduled
for the week of Jun 2-Jun 10.

The Wing Conference was then re-scheduled for the weekend of Jun 10,
necessitating another change of dates, knocking out both the weeks ending and
beginning around Jun 10; unfortunately, as can be seen by the National Special
Activities calendar, there are no more weeks available without competing with
something else (including hurricane season, which some of us are very active
in)
so the decision was made to move back to the original date, which is  good
for 64 of Florida's 67 counties.

So where does that leave us? If you can finish all of your required
schoolwork and exams early and have permission from your parent(s) and unit
commander, I would be willing to write a letter detailing what we are doing
and
supporting your request to your school to be allowed to attend comm camp. If
your
school allows this, it will be completely up to you to actually  complete all
requirements to be released a week early without adversely  affecting your
grades, and I would need a letter from your principal/guidance  counselor
stating
such. The same is true for students in any other affected  school districts as
long as we are not interfering with school as school must  come first. For
those who are unable to do this, I can only apologize  and point out that no
matter how badly we want to, we cannot always meet  everyone's needs and
schedules; we hope we can see them next time.

Please feel free to email or call me if you have any further questions or
concerns over this matter.

Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
(850)488-5825 (weekdays)
(850)284-3677 (after 7 and on weekends)

In a message dated 4/6/2007 9:06:55 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
christopher.hastings@xxxxxxxxx writes:

Dear sir or ma'am,
Is there any way that the dates for the North  Florida Ranger School's
Communication's Camp could be pushed back into June?  Broward county schools
let out
on 31 May 2007, and I am fairly sure that other  school districts have the
same release date.

Please  advise,

--
C/SSgt Christopher Hastings, CAP
Pembroke Pines  Composite Squadron

Don't get soaked. Take a_  quick peek at the forecast _
(http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news)
with the_Yahoo!  Search weather shortcut._
(http://tools.search.yahoo.com/shortcuts/?fr=oni_on_mail&#news)