[commcamp] Comm camp registration underway

  • From: FloridaCyclist@xxxxxxx
  • To: commcamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2007 15:44:35 EDT

ALCON,

As can be seen by the student registration page at
_http://www.tallahasseecap.org/commcamp/student.php_
(http://www.tallahasseecap.org/commcamp/student.php) ,  we are starting to get
the first few student
registrations in. Each registration  is listed in green (complete) or red
(incomplete) along with any needed items to  complete their registrations .

If you intend to come, please get your name on the list. At some point, we
are going to have to decide if this event is a go or no-go, and the number of
names on the list (especially green ones) will be a major deciding factor.
This  is true for instructors/staff as well as students.

Students: If your name is on the list in red, please try to turn it  green as
soon as possible by getting us the items listed next to your name.  Please
note that lack of the FLWGF500 / CAPF60/17/31 will not prevent your  name from
turning green as we are OK with receiving those in person. Everything  else can
be accomplished electronically. If you are listed as not having certain  ES
requirements (GES etc) and you know that it shows in Eservices, that is fine
as that means that I simply haven't had a chance to verify those online yet;
they will be re-verified at mission check-in anyway.

Potential Instructors and staff: Please register at
_http://www.tallahasseecap.org/commcamp/staff.php_
(http://www.tallahasseecap.org/commcamp/staff.php)
.  You will not incur any sort of commitment until a staff position has been
discussed and agreed upon with you, at which time your name will turn green
(but  not before then). We merely need to know who is interested in what and
what  teaching resources we will have available. Filled and open staff
positions
are  listed at
_http://www.tallahasseecap.org/commcamp/orgchart.gif_
(http://www.tallahasseecap.org/commcamp/orgchart.gif) .  For the instructors,
we will be breaking hte
classes down into individual  subjects in the weeks to come, so you can have
a better idea of what you may be  volunteering to teach.

Note that we are using the Incident Command System, so this is a good
opportunity to practice what you may have learned in your online classes.

Please feel free to send any questions you may have to the mailing list at
_commcamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (mailto:commcamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx)  or  myself, whether
they be about the camp or looking to arrange a carpool. This  should be fun for
everyone.

Gene Floyd, Capt CAP