[commcamp] Comm Camp website open for registration - 30 partially-funded seats available

  • From: FloridaCyclist@xxxxxxx
  • To: commcamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 02:06:51 EDT

ALCON

Please help ensure widest distribution possible

_http://www.tallahasseecap.org/commcamp_
(http://www.tallahasseecap.org/commcamp)

The North Florida Ranger School Communications Camp Website is now live and
online and we are accepting applications for the camp for both students and
staff. If you are a student who is volunteering for a staff position, please
sign up on both lists; it only takes a few seconds each. Once you're signed up,
 please follow through so we can hurry up and turn your red name to a green
one.

The website is _http://www.tallahasseecap.org/commcamp_
(http://www.tallahasseecap.org/commcamp) , and you can also reach it through
the Tallahassee
Composite  Squadron website at _www.tallahasseecap.org_
(http://www.tallahasseecap.org/)

 In light of this being the first time that we (or anyone else that we  know
of) are doing something like this, we are setting a limit of 30 people in
order to make sure that the instruction meets the high standards expected of
any
Ranger School activity. Perhaps next year can be bigger, but this year we'll
find out how things work with an event of this nature.

This is your chance to earn a ham radio license, be certified in emergency
communications, get all your CAP comm training out of the way, get all your
FEMA  ICS training out of the way (with a live certified ICS instructor
teaching
the  class in person, which almost always works better than an online class
like the  current IS200 and 700), learn about IMU, AND participate in what will
probably  be two of the more intense and challenging communications exercises
you will  have ever seen

If you want to come, it would be best to get the electronic registration
part completed as soon as possible so that you have a seat reserved as we are
only ordering 30 sets of books in advance. Overflow students, while allowed,
will have to purchase and order their own books; links are available on the
website.

While it's not mentioned before, RVs are allowed for this school, but the
driveway may be a bit small.

We look forward to seeing you here. Anyone wishing to be added to our
mailing list, please email me and I will add you.

Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Project Officer
North Florida Ranger School
(850)284-3677