[commcamp] Re: Comm Camp website open for registration - 30 partially-fun...

  • From: "Jack Payne" <wildjrp@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: commcamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 19:11:05 -0400

I am trying to re arrange my schedule.... kinda depends on set the wife is about going to the Indy 500 this year........ but I am checking.

Thanks for the info

jack

 Jack R. Payne, 2Lt., WAO, GP 4 Alerting Officer

Group 4 Communications Officer

Treasure Coast Composite Sq Communications Officer

Civil Air Patrol

772 332 2633

 A government big enough to give you everything you want, is strong enough to take everything you have.

-Thomas Jefferson

From: FloridaCyclist@xxxxxxx
To: commcamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [commcamp] Re: Comm Camp website open for registration - 30 partially-fun...
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:30:56 EDT

Yes, we have the El Camino motel about 5 miles away; with a name like that, how can it be anything but cheap?

I will also have my popup camper and we will possibly be able to find space for you in one of the houses or the doublewide.

In a message dated 4/11/2007 10:28:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time, wildjrp@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Gene,

Are there any hotel/Motels nearby? Let me rephrase that... any CHEAP hotels/Motels I am assuming on the west side of Tally would be closer....

Thanks

From: FloridaCyclist@xxxxxxx
To: commcamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [commcamp] Comm Camp website open for registration - 30 partially-funded seats available
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 02:06:51 EDT

ALCON

Please help ensure widest distribution possible

The North Florida Ranger School Communications Camp Website is now live and online and we are accepting applications for the camp for both students and staff. If you are a student who is volunteering for a staff position, please sign up on both lists; it only takes a few seconds each. Once you're signed up, please follow through so we can hurry up and turn your red name to a green one.

The website is http://www.tallahasseecap.org/commcamp, and you can also reach it through the Tallahassee Composite Squadron website at www.tallahasseecap.org

 In light of this being the first time that we (or anyone else that we know of) are doing something like this, we are setting a limit of 30 people in order to make sure that the instruction meets the high standards expected of any Ranger School activity. Perhaps next year can be bigger, but this year we'll find out how things work with an event of this nature.

This is your chance to earn a ham radio license, be certified in emergency communications, get all your CAP comm training out of the way, get all your FEMA ICS training out of the way (with a live certified ICS instructor teaching the class in person, which almost always works better than an online class like the current IS200 and 700), learn about IMU, AND participate in what will probably be two of the more intense and challenging communications exercises you will have ever seen

If you want to come, it would be best to get the electronic registration part completed as soon as possible so that you have a seat reserved as we are only ordering 30 sets of books in advance. Overflow students, while allowed, will have to purchase and order their own books; links are available on the website.

While it's not mentioned before, RVs are allowed for this school, but the driveway may be a bit small.

We look forward to seeing you here. Anyone wishing to be added to our mailing list, please email me and I will add you.

Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Project Officer
North Florida Ranger School
(850)284-3677

See what's free at AOL.com.

See what's free at AOL.com.

Can?t afford to quit your job? ? Earn your AS, BS, or MS degree online in 1 year.