[commcamp] Re: Comm Camp website open for registration - 30 partially-fun...

  • From: FloridaCyclist@xxxxxxx
  • To: commcamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2007 10:30:56 EDT

Yes, we have the El Camino motel about 5 miles away; with a name like that,
how can it be anything but cheap?

I will also have my popup camper and we will possibly be able to find space
for you in one of the houses or the doublewide.

In a message dated 4/11/2007 10:28:47 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
wildjrp@xxxxxxxxxxx writes:

Gene,
Are there any hotel/Motels nearby? Let me rephrase that... any CHEAP
hotels/Motels I am assuming on the west side of Tally would be closer....
Thanks
jack

Jack R. Payne, 2Lt., WAO, GP 4 Alerting  Officer
Group 4 Communications Officer
Treasure Coast Composite Sq Communications  Officer
Civil Air Patrol
772 332 2633

A government big enough to  give you everything you want, is strong enough to
take everything you  have.
-Thomas  Jefferson

____________________________________
From: FloridaCyclist@xxxxxxx
To:  commcamp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [commcamp] Comm Camp website  open for registration - 30
partially-funded seats available
Date:  Wed, 11 Apr 2007 02:06:51 EDT

ALCON

Please help ensure widest distribution possible

_http://www.tallahasseecap.org/commcamp_
(http://www.tallahasseecap.org/commcamp)

The North Florida Ranger School Communications Camp Website is now live  and
online and we are accepting applications for the camp for both students  and
staff. If you are a student who is volunteering for a staff position,  please
sign up on both lists; it only takes a few seconds each. Once you're  signed
up, please follow through so we can hurry up and turn your red  name to a green
one.

The website is _http://www.tallahasseecap.org/commcamp_
(http://www.tallahasseecap.org/commcamp) , and you can also reach it through
the Tallahassee
Composite  Squadron website at _www.tallahasseecap.org_
(http://www.tallahasseecap.org/)

 In light of this being the first time that we (or anyone else  that we know
of) are doing something like this, we are setting a limit of 30  people in
order to make sure that the instruction meets the high standards  expected of
any
Ranger School activity. Perhaps next year can be bigger, but  this year we'll
find out how things work with an event of this nature.

This is your chance to earn a ham radio license, be certified in  emergency
communications, get all your CAP comm training out of the way, get  all your
FEMA ICS training out of the way (with a live certified ICS  instructor
teaching
the class in person, which almost always works better  than an online class
like the current IS200 and 700), learn about IMU, AND  participate in what will
probably be two of the more intense and challenging  communications exercises
you will have ever seen

If you want to come, it would be best to get the electronic  registration
part completed as soon as possible so that you have a seat  reserved as we are
only ordering 30 sets of books in advance. Overflow  students, while allowed,
will have to purchase and order their own books;  links are available on the
website.

While it's not mentioned before, RVs are allowed for this school, but  the
driveway may be a bit small.

We look forward to seeing you here. Anyone wishing to be added to our
mailing list, please email me and I will add you.

Gene Floyd, Capt CAP
Project Officer
North Florida Ranger School
(850)284-3677

 See what's free at _AOL.com_ (http://www.aol.com/?ncid=AOLAOF00020000000503)
.

_The average US  Credit Score is 675. The cost to see yours: $0 by Experian._
(http://g.msn.com/8HMAENUS/2755??PS=47575)