Hey, all! Hope you had a good holiday.
I've pushed up the PR for the updated library updating code. It's not as
streamlined as I could make it, only loading the comic (not pages) and
sending the minimum information needed to display comics in lists
(including collections). I honestly can't think of how we could make it
faster at this point.
I removed the paginated loading code since it was, ultimately, going to
make the app far to unwieldy to extend since it required constantly going
back to the server to load data.
Also, testing it locally on my slowest laptop, it's pretting performant
with processing comics being imported and especially with loading covers
and images. I had it load 100 comics/page and it would load the covers a
very short period of time: not instantaneously, of course, but pretty fast.
And I didn't experience any of the covers appearing and then being hidden.
They stayed on the page once loaded.
I'm hoping that this PR can let us put this issue to bed for now and move
on to other features I had hoped to get done for the next release.
Darryl L. Pierce <mcpierce@xxxxxxxxx>
"Le centre du monde est partout." - Blaise Pascal
"Let's try and find some point of transcendence and leap together." - Gord