[codeface] Re: shiny server

  • From: peguet <peguet@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: codeface <codeface@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 07 Mar 2015 00:08:38 +0100

that sounds good; however, I'm curious why these includes are necessary.
Since the web front end used to work, and there were no changes to it
lately, things should work as-is. Can you post you code somewhere to
make the problem reproducible?

I think, my code the same as yours.
Maybe you did something to load these libraries before you run R.
I am not used to R, so it's just an idea but maybe you have a .Rprofile in your home directory that do the trick?

Best Regards,Florian Peguet.

You were right, I have added the breadcrumb source to the ui.r file in
$CFDIR/codeface/R/shiny/apps/dashboard that way
(I don't know if it is the best)
source("../../nav/breadcrum.shiny.r", chdir = TRUE)
source("../../nav/widgets.r", chdir = TRUE)
source("../../nav/qa_cookie.r", chdir = TRUE)
source("gridsterWidgetsExt.r", chdir = TRUE) ( to correct an other
error)

I also add library(stringr) to $CFDIR/codeface/R/shiny/figure.of.merit.r
and library(shinyGridster) to
$CFDIR/codeface/R/shiny/apps/dashboard/gridsterWidgetsExt.r so that
error all errors disappears

that sounds good; however, I'm curious why these includes are necessary.
Since the web front end used to work, and there were no changes to it
lately, things should work as-is. Can you post you code somewhere to
make the problem reproducible?

I now have some widgets that appears on the screen, but not enough, I
think.

I still have nothing for docker

please follow the suggestions from my previous email.

Best regards, Wolfgang Mauerer

Dear all,

I managed to solve my previous problem ( the command xsltproc was not installed and seems to be mandatory for cppstats, maybe it could be a
good thing to add apt-get install xsltproc, in the README process)

yes, this requirement is indeed documented on cppstat's homepage:
http://www.infosun.fim.uni-passau.de/cl/staff/liebig/cppstats/
Good catch - could you please submit a patch for the README file?

"Codeface test" now give the same result wether I execute it from the
regensburg server or the docker images.
The enhancements of analyses for project may be pass on the docker
instance since I use git clone.

I am now thinking about using shiny server so that users can use
codeface easily from their web browser, but I got errors.

When I run shiny server (with the command shiny-server
shiny-server.config) from my computer (same as the regensburg-server) I
got this at localhost with firefox :
ERROR: impossible to find the function "breadcrumbOutput".
Have I missed something?

the function should be defined in codeface/R/shiny/nav/breadcrumb.shiny.r, maybe there a file inclusion missing somewhere. Can you look at the log
files (there are several of them, look for *.log in the installation
directory) and post the complete error message?

for docker, it is harder to run shiny-server, because localhost is
running on the virtual container and not on the real computer/server.
The solution is to create a bridge between ports.
I tried to make a bridge for port 8081 where the shiny server may run
but i got Page not found on my web browser. This means something
happened otherwise I would get "connection failed"

the approach is sound; naturally, docker cannot use the host
ports directly because otherwise you would not be able to run,
for instance, two containers with different versions of a server
software on one single machine.

for now I don't understand why I don't get the previous error with
docker (breadcrumbOutput not found) .
Is there more than one port to bind?

did you properly expose the port in the dockerfile? Can you sniff
the traffic with, say, wireshark to see what it going on on the wire?

Best regards, Wolfgang Mauerer

I use docker like that:
docker run -p port_on_docker:port_on_the_real_computer
folder_name/my_image_name:tag

Florian.