[codeface] Re: mailing list analysis

  • From: Wolfgang Mauerer <wolfgang.mauerer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <codeface@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Mitchell Joblin <joblin.m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 17 Nov 2015 19:03:47 +0100

Am 17/11/2015 um 10:54 schrieb Mitchell Joblin:

On Thu, Nov 5, 2015 at 11:55 AM, Wolfgang Mauerer
<wolfgang.mauerer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 05/11/15 um 11:43 schrieb Mitchell Joblin:
On Fri, Oct 23, 2015 at 5:00 PM, Mitchell Joblin <joblin.m@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi all,

I think there is some bugs in the mailing list analysis that causes
not all messages to be entered into the database and the rangeId
reference are incorrect. In the analysis.r file there is a function
named analyse.sub.sequences(..). In the scope of "mclapply.db" an
index variable "i" is used ranging from 1:N. The one issue seems to
arise from the use of the index variable in cycles[i,] that gets
passed to dispatch.steps and eventually the rangeId in cycles get
written to the database. The cycles should actually correspond to the
non-empty release ranges computed earlier, which may not actually be
complete or start at index 1.

This code is mostly new to me so a sanity check would be helpful.

Any word on this yet?

I'm ploughing through my inbox. Have not forgotten this. --Wolfgang

Ping. Since it has been nearly two weeks I am guessing you forgot about this.

guilty as charged :) -- I thought I had answered everything, but I
didn't.

You are right, we do in fact mis-attribute cycles when there are
empty ones; interval i does not correspond to cycle i in this case.

Thanks & best regards, Wolfgang