[codeface] Re: data model

  • From: Mitchell Joblin <joblin.m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Wolfgang Mauerer <wolfgang.mauerer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 11:33:17 +0200

On Wed, Oct 21, 2015 at 4:00 PM, Wolfgang Mauerer
<wolfgang.mauerer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 21/10/2015 um 14:55 schrieb Mitchell Joblin:
On Tue, Oct 20, 2015 at 1:08 PM, Wolfgang Mauerer
<wolfgang.mauerer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

sorry for the delayed response. I'm CC'ing the guys currently
cleaning up/documenting things, perhaps they have some opinion.

Am 12/10/2015 um 18:29 schrieb Mitchell Joblin:

From my understanding of the data model the relationship between a
developer and to which mail thread they have contributed is not
captured. We do have information about the creator of a thread and the
number of contributors to that thread, but there is no reference to
person Ids. I think that we should add a table to the mailing list

Yes, that's currently missing in the data base. We should add the
corresponding information.

I took a closer look at the code and data model and it looks like we
actually do have this information. In the mail_thread table we have
all information about all threads created, then in the
thread_responses there is a reference to the personId table and the
mail id in the mail_thread table. Couldn't we just do a join there to
get all the developers who contributed to a common thread? Have I
interpreted that correctly?

since I wrote that code, but didn't remember this connection, it seems
we need more documentation :).
Could you provide a database view that performs the query you proposed?
I think this makes more sense than adding a complicated composite
query to query.r.

After running the mailing list analysis the table I wanted to use
never gets filled. Perhaps there is a bug in the code for populating
the thread responses. The analysis produces the warning statement "No
response to add to thread_responses." Not sure why that is, if
something comes to mind let me know. I will also have a deeper look.

Thanks,

Mitchell

Thanks, Wolfgang