[codeface] Re: data model

  • From: Wolfgang Mauerer <wolfgang.mauerer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: Mitchell Joblin <joblin.m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 22 Oct 2015 15:58:16 +0100

Am 22/10/2015 um 15:18 schrieb Mitchell Joblin:

On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 4:01 PM, Wolfgang Mauerer
<wolfgang.mauerer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 22/10/2015 um 14:55 schrieb Mitchell Joblin:
On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 3:13 PM, Wolfgang Mauerer
<wolfgang.mauerer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

Am 22/10/2015 um 14:11 schrieb Mitchell Joblin:
On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 2:56 PM, Wolfgang Mauerer
<wolfgang.mauerer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
[trimmed CC list since this does not concern DB design any more]

Am 22/10/2015 um 13:51 schrieb Mitchell Joblin:
On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 2:50 PM, Mitchell Joblin <joblin.m@xxxxxxxxx>
wrote:
On Thu, Oct 22, 2015 at 12:42 PM, Wolfgang Mauerer
<wm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

do you get reasonable scatterplots from the initiate-response plug
in?
This warning simply says that for a given thread, there are no

I don't think that's right. I think this statement is executed when
all threads have no responses. The condition for executing the
statement is "is.null(dat.replies)" and dat.replies contains all
replies for all email threads, not just a single one.

you're right, I should have looked closer. Still, does the scatter
plot
contain any useful information? For qemu, for instance, I get
reasonable
results. Which list are you working with?

I forgot to add that I checked for scatter plots in the web frontend
and nothing is available there.

A was referring to plots like the following:

http://im-vm-010.hs-regensburg.de:8081/apps/details/?projectid=85&widget=widget.ir.details.receiving,widget.ir.details.writing&topic=communication

Yes, this is the widget I checked.

okay. I was not sure if you're referring to the widget or the content
when you said nothing was there.

Since the only difference between our setup seems to using a
release-base versus a sliding window-based analsis, could you
run your analysis with explicit releases?

I just downloaded the last 1000 emails from qemu devel list. I then
used gen.corpus to generate the corpus and the thread depth on all
messages is only one. I can't believe that is possible for 1000
messages. Maybe there is a version discrepancy between our systems.
Here is my output for "sessionInfo()"

other attached packages:
[1] snatm_1.2 igraph_0.7.1 wordnet_0.1-10 sna_2.3-2
[5] tm.plugin.mail_0.1 tm_0.6-2 NLP_0.1-7

can you try with a fresh vagrant installation? This way, we have a
well-defined common base. In particular, did you include this

https://github.com/wolfgangmauerer/tm-plugin-mail/commit/31e9ca1dc50087314c24ece95f2264f81caf9ff8

This was what I needed. I didn't know that the tm-plugin-mail package
was broken.

If we intend to proceed this way then I suggest that we completely
rewrite the installation procedure to use only vagrant because using
the current installation procedure just leads to broken analyses. I
don't even think vagrant is mentioned as an option for installation.

agreed, we should switch to vagrant as default installation scenario.
I have just pushed a corresponding commit since this has long
been on my TODO list, anyway.
For tm-plugin-email, I will push the patch upstream some time, but
I'm fairly sure we will have to rely on local modifications of
upstream components in the future. So vagrant is clearly the way to go.

The only concern I have with going vagrant only is that we loose an
easy ability to do a "bare OS" installation. I've added support for
LXC recently, which eliminates virtualisation overhead, but this
does not seem to be one of the preferred options for vagrant.
Comments welcome.

Thanks, Wolfgang