[codeface] Mailing list analysis reference Id failure

  • From: Mitchell Joblin <joblin.m@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: codeface@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 1 Apr 2014 18:23:57 +0200

I am experiencing a failure in the execution of the mailing list analysis. The
failure occurs when a message contains two reference Ids. The stack trace of
when the failure occurs is the following:

[codeface.R] INFO: Traceback:

  0:

  1: config.script.run({

         positional.args <- list("resdir", "mldir", "listname

  2: withCallingHandlers(expr, error = function(e) {

         if (!interactive()) {

  3: dispatch.all(conf, conf$mldir, conf$resdir)

  4: analyse.sub.sequences(conf, corp.base, release.intervals, repo.path, resdir

  5: mclapply.db(conf, 1:length(iter), function(conf, i) {

         loginfo(paste("Pro

  6: mclapply(X, function(i) {

         conf <- init.db.global(conf)

         res.local <- F

  7: lapply(X = X, FUN = FUN, ...)

  8: FUN(1[[1]], ...)

  9: FUN(conf, i)

 10: make.forest(corp.sub, do.normalise.bound)

 11: threads(corp)

 12: get.thread.id(refID, ht)

[codeface.R] CRITICAL: wrong arguments for subsetting an environment

In the threads(..) function of the tm.plugin.mail library one can see how the
reference Id is identified and non-scalar refIDs result it data type problems
in subsequently called get.thread.id(..) function. This patch address the case
of multiple reference Ids by removing the message from the corpus. It would be
better to either chose a single reference Id or appropriately deal with
multiple reference Ids. Does anyone if we can arbitrarily choose a reference Id
or how to appropriately handle messages with multiple reference Ids?

Kind regards,

Mitchell