[cocomud] Re: alias

  • From: cocomud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: cocomud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2022 10:20:41 +0200

Hello,

No, it is not currently possible.  Aliases are loaded from the config file when the world starts and your client connects.  They can't be disabled after that.  Though it's not a bad idea and I will add a request for it in a latter version.

Notice that SharpScript can run Python code, so if you're willing to play along, you can virtually do anything, removing your aliases in a script.  At the time, though, it's not exactly safe to do, so I would be for adding a disable flag on aliases, macros and triggers and playing with this.  I'm not sure whether pure SharpScript will have a function to disable / enable them, as this sounds highly technical.  As always, the conflict between SharScript's simplicity and features is getting more troublesome than I thought it would.

I hadn't thought about disabling aliases, macros or triggers, but I had imagined associating these to a character (and not just to a world), or even to a category.  The idea would be to tell some aliases that they are only enabled if you're currently playing in such a category.  Like some aliases would only be accessible in combat, or could mean an entirely different thing in another situation.  Same with macros or triggers.  You could swap categories with SharpScript which would enable/disable configuration.  That's a bit tricky to do, but I would like to implement this system for the next version.

Hope that helps, don't hesitate to ask further questions,

Vincent

On 4/23/2022 1:19 AM, cocomud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hello,

Is it possible to disable and enable an alias with charpscript?