[cocomud] Re: Question about mute

  • From: cocomud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: cocomud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Nov 2017 18:31:30 +0100

Hi,

Yes, you can do so, but not with a mute trigger.  A mute trigger is mostly stupid, it just erases the entire line.  What you can use is substitution triggers.  They watch for a certain line and replace its content, which might be what you want to do.  For instance, if the game sends a line like this:

> You receive 5000 experience point in the main level and 48000 in the fighting level.

You could reduce the message by creating a trigger:

> You receive * experience point in the main level and * in the * level.

And in the substitution field, just write:

XP: main = $1, $3 = $2

The example might not be clear, but I think there is indeed part of the documentation dedicated to substitution triggers.  That being said, I don't know if the documentation is really helpful either, so feel free to ask!

Hope that helps,

Vincent

On 11/3/2017 7:54 AM, cocomud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Good morning!

Is it possible to mute only a little part of a line and  keep the rest for output?

Hope i didnt mis it in the documentation!

Have a nice day!

Moritz:-)