[cocomud] Re: MSP-protocol

  • From: cocomud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: cocomud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Nov 2017 13:53:06 +0100

Hi,

I had planned to implement some Telnet extensions, like part of Generic MUD Communication Protocol (GMCP), Mud Server Data Protocol (MSDP), and Mud Terminal Type Standard (MTT).  I didn't plan to do it all, and I was mostly looking forward to MTT*P which offers interesting options for screen readers (at least, on some games).  I'm not against adding a new protocol to the list, although I cannot guarantee I will support all of its features.  Supporting a protocol that play sounds might be a bit harder, and is not as open to customization.  For instance, I don't play with lots of sound triggers on a game, just enough to know when I'm talked too.  Others like a more complete sound environment.  That's why offering a single set without choice from the server might not be the best option.  That being said, it was the choice of designers and I don't mind doing what I can to adapt.*

*
*

*Good afternoon to all,
*

*
*

*Vincent
*

On 11/2/2017 5:10 AM, cocomud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Hey hey!

Does Cocomud support the MSP-protocol at the moment?

a few muds created their own soundpacks for which you need MSP.

Would it be hard to implement MSP?

Best wishes!

Moritz:-)