[cocomud] Re: Little config idea for macros or other aliases

  • From: cocomud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: cocomud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Nov 2017 08:34:57 +0100

Hi Moritz,

It's a fine idea.  Actually, that's the way I planned on adding general macros, aliases, triggers and whatever else.  Just a "config.set" file in the settings.  The difficult part is not to create it but merely to handle it, so that CocoMUD knows when it's a general macro/trigger/alias to edit, or when it's world-specific.  As I've said, I was thinking about category-level configuration too, and I thought I would fit it at the same time. However, this is not going to happen overnight, so I think I'd better focus on general macros.  I'm already drawing the lines for next sprint (I guess I will create it this weekend or perhaps next week, as this weekend will probably be very busy, we'll see)!

Have a good day,

Vincent

On 11/16/2017 7:45 AM, cocomud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:

Good morning!

I asked some weeks ago about making general macros / alias which would work in all worlds.

I got a little idea for the moment till you can focus more on the hole macro-System.

What do you think about having an config.sed in the settings-folder which will be copied in every new added world?

For now i always have to copy all my general macros like north/south and so on manualy from another config.sed.

And for this i first have to close cocomud and reload the world.

Thats not a big drama, but a little anoying.:-)

Have a nice day!:-)

Moritz:-)