[cocomud] Re: Cocomud Slowdown

  • From: cocomud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: cocomud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 6 Jan 2018 17:35:04 +0100

Hi Vincent!

Oh, did not see that there already is that Option.

Hey! Its enough the way it is! No problem!

Best wishes!

Moritz:-)

Am 06.01.2018 um 17:13 schrieb cocomud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx:

Hi Moritz,

It's indeed due to the history being so large.  I added an option to clear the history in the last version (in the game menu).  It seems to work just fine and solve the problem temporarily. However, in some games, this solution is not a good choice.  The server usually sends a lot of lines each second when in heavy combat (when I say a lot, I mean possibly hundreds of them) and CocoMUD gets sluggish when you obviously want a responsive and fast client.  There's no real solution for that problem yet.  I believe CocoMUD should clear its history when it becomes too large, but it's not an easy fix.

HTH,

Vincent

On 1/6/2018 4:54 PM, cocomud@xxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Hey hey!

I am encountering a little problem. Often after playing a longer time the client slows down. I think it is cause the huge history.

Maybe you could implement an option to clean the history window?

Hope you have a nice weekend!

Moritz:-)