[cochiselinux] Wi-Fi problem

  • From: Daniel Thomas <danjant@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 3 Sep 2021 11:26:47 -0700

My Wi-Fi suddenly quit, apparently it is not sensing any signals in the area. My other laptop sitting next to it works fine. lshw shows 'Wireless Interface Network' Disabled. Network Connections shows the modem used 2-days before (the last time I used it) & has the proper setup. Looking at the panel obtained by clicking on the wifi button at bottom right initially shows 'Enable Networking' checked but not the 'Enable Wi-Fi' box. Checking the latter does not change any of the above. Leaving it checked & re-booting does not change anything -- it comes back as unchecked. This is on my HP Pavilion Notebook running Linux Mint 19.3 (fully updated). I tried using Timeshift to step back 1 week to when the Wi-Fi was working -- no change. I suppose it's a hardware problem. Hopefully someone will have a different idea.