[cochiselinux] Re: Realplayer codecs

  • From: cochisecc/prevettl <prevettl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 3 Jan 2004 08:50:49 -0700 (MST)

You might try searching for "real player" at rpmfind.net
and download some of the rpm sources (not binaries)
and recompile them.

http://www.rpmfind.net/

The file I downloaded from RealPlayer.com

 http://forms.real.com/real/player/unix/unix.html

for real player (you have to fill out a form) is

rp8_linux20_libc6_i386_cs2.bin

(There is a link to that file on this page:
http://www.linuxmigration.com/quickref/apps/browser.html)

I got both sound and video to work in RH7.3 (gcc-2.96)
but it broke in RH8 and RH9 (gcc-3.x). Don't know why.

On the download page there is something about a new project
called "Helix". Don't know about that either - might be worth
 a look.

I haven't had time to download the source rpms from rpmfind.net
but that's what I would try first.

lp