[cochiselinux] Re: Newbie Still Needs a Lot of Help

  • From: "Prevett, Larry" <Prevettl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2003 22:17:00 -0700

usafmsgt@xxxxxxxx wrote:
> Hello Anyone,
>=20
> I have tried (I thought I had)
> to install Wine on Redhat 8.0. I get a conflict when I try to run it.=20
> [snip]
>=20
> Clyde Flatt

You aren't the only one that has struggled with Wine.
With some difficulty a while back I got a math program=20
called "Derive" to run under Wine on one of the school=20
computers.
=20
I had to edit the default wine configuration files to
to tell Wine where to find the Windows installation.
Then it seemed to work ok. I'll try to dig out that
configuration file and send it to you in case it might
help. I'll also try to reinstall Derive on one of the school
computers so if you or anyone else wants to see what it looks like
it'll be there for the meeting this sunday.

L. Prevett