[cochiselinux] Mac OSX shell

  • From: "Prevett, Larry" <Prevettl@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 28 Apr 2004 17:21:47 -0700

One of the students here has a laptop with OSX installed on it.
The shell looked similar but many of the files seemed to be
in different places. I didn't get a chance to look at it for very long.

Is anyone using Mac OSX? Does anyone know how similar
the shell environment on Mac OSX is to the FreeBSD shell?

Also, if a Mac OSX user wanted to know more about their
shell environment, would they get anything out of the
Linux class we are offering (using either RH or SUSE)?
Or are the shell environments just too different?

lp