[cochiselinux] Re: Linksys

  • From: Tyler Milam <tylermilam@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 26 Apr 2004 16:38:49 -0700

Yes, linksys _has_ been bought by cisco. *celebrate*  To have something
connect to your workgroup, it has to have tcp/ip capabilities, so the
printer by itself can't connect to the switch, but its fairly easy to
hook it up piggy backing off of a computer running linux. I have my
printer hooked up from my computer. All other computers on the lan can
use it. This can be done with a combination of samba and cups. The
windows computers are using adobe postscript as the printer driver.
Works great. Samba was the most difficult part for me. I would attach my
samba and cups configuration files, but I don't know if that works with
the mailing list. Let me know if you think you they might help!

Sears, Dick wrote:file:/home/vitriol/Documents/config_files/smb.conf