[cochiselinux] Re: Compiling problem

  • From: "Peter Levine" <levinep@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 30 Apr 2004 18:36:01 +0000

Tried ldconfig, but that didn't help. I saw that Suse had a zlib developer
package, installed it, and that did the trick. It obviously has files that
the "normal" zlib does not have. Further down the compiling line, I got an
error that it could not find OpenSSL lcrypto. Installing the Suse developer
OpenSSL package solved that one, too. I guess the "normal" packages are OK
unless you need to compile. The INSTALL doc that came with the source files
said I needed SSL and zlib, but no mention of needing a developer package
with specific files. Lesson learned. I wonder if this is just Suse packages,
or do all distros have "normal" and developer packages?

From: &quot;Prevett, Larry&quot; &lt;Prevettl@xxxxxxxxxxx&gt;
To: &lt;cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx&gt;
Subject: [cochiselinux] Re: Compiling problem
Date: Thu, 29 Apr 2004 18:27:14 -0700

|Sorry for the dup! didn't see your response, Larry
No prob - I wasn't sure that was right.

Some other suggestions are:

  ftp://metalab.unc.edu/pub/packages/security/ssh
  (mirror site for ftp.ssh.com)
  not openssh but free and installs just fine, it comes
  with its own zlib library.

  http://www.rpmfind.net
  Try an openssh rpm for Suse

lp