[cochiselinux] Re: Cochise linux

  • From: Nvrcrywolf58@xxxxxxx
  • To: cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 11 Jan 2004 12:26:53 EST

Its a shame that Red Hat is dumping the community by going to Fedora Project.
 Currently, the University of Virginia and Cornell are in a lawsuit against
Red Hat on the use of the word "Fedora" as it is an acronym for the
universities computing project they have had running for five years.  This does
not put
Red Hat in a good position within the LINUX community in my opinion.  I
currently use Red Hat 8, but with the building a new computer I plan to switch
Suse 9.0 for the long term support.  I suppose more people will switch to Suse
in
the long run, since they have always supported both the home user and the
corporate users equally well.  As for Red Hat,  they may gain ground in the
corporate arena financially, but without the support of the grassroots
community,
they will face some issues.
James
Tucson, AZ