[cochiselinux] Re: Cochise County Linux users

  • From: davidm@xxxxxxxxxxx
  • To: cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Jul 2015 12:39:21 -0400

http://jesusfilmmedia.org/art when possible in the LUG, and mmiss it now
that it isn't happening. But I'm gone (missionary work) six months out of
the year or more, so I can't do much with it. CraigsList has a discussion
section for local linux users in the Sierra Vista area. It might be that
if you post there, you'll find someone who can do what you suggest.
Dave McMullen

On Tue, July 28, 2015 6:14 pm, Jeff Denton wrote:

I haven't lived in Arizona for a long time. After I left, I couldn't
find anyone interested in taking over the LUG.

I let the cochiselinux.org / .net / .com domains expire back in 2008.
Someone bought the domains later. They resurrected the website by
puling a copy from the WayBack Machine. I contacted the new owner and
asked them if this was a new form of cyber squatting. They said no, they
liked the old website. I asked them to add a new post to the front page
letting everyone know the LUG was no longer active. That didn't happen.

I'm still the owner / administrator / moderator of the mailing list.
Again, only because I haven't found anyone interesting in taking over.

If someone wants to resurrect Coshiselinux, they will have to contact
the owner of the domains and ask them if they are willing to sell. Look at
the whois information to get contact information.

As for the mailing list, I can give ownership and administrative
access to whoever is interested.

Jeff