[cochiselinux] Apache - setting up forms with php

  • From: "Tyler" <milamtyler@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: cochiselinux@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Mon, 20 Oct 2003 05:25:38 -0700

Well, I'm in over my head now.

I have created a simple for on my website and php script to mail the
form data to me. It seems to work ok, but something is blocking my php
script. My best guess is that I have to edit httpd.conf to support GET
and POST.  The apache config file mentions that I have to explicitly
enable these, unless I misinterpreted what it was saying. However, I'm
at a loss as to how to enable them.

#
# Control access to UserDir directories.  The following is an example
# for a site where these directories are restricted to read-only.
#
#<Directory /home/*/public_html>
#    AllowOverride FileInfo AuthConfig Limit
#    Options MultiViews Indexes SymLinksIfOwnerMatch IncludesNoExec
#    <Limit GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
#        Order allow,deny
#        Allow from all
#    </Limit>
#    <LimitExcept GET POST OPTIONS PROPFIND>
#        Order deny,allow
#        Deny from all
#    </LimitExcept>
#</Directory>

I was trying to use this example to allow GET and POST, but I must be
doing it wrong...everytime I restart apache with a test in the
configuration, I get this once  I complete the form:

  Method Not Allowed

The requested method POST is not allowed for the URL /phpmail.php.

If anyone can tell me what I'm doing wrong, I'd appreciate it.

Tyler