[CEVNA]: Re: 1943 lamination? help.

  • From: "Kerry Pinette" <kepinette@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cndcoinerrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Sep 2006 19:40:02 -0400

I'm with Denis on this one. Very nice lamination peel that has travelled to the
"4" to partially cover the didget. Herbert indicates common causes are gas or
improper alloy mix. Obviously bigger is better and condition is important for
viewing. I recenly found an 1859 large cent with lamination flaws on both the
obverse and reverse. Although not as dramatic as this coin, it was interesting
to note part of the reverse rim had broken away to partially cover one of the
leaves. ----- Original Message -----