[cndcoinerrs]: Next forming steps

  • From: " Fenix" <fenix@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <cndcoinerrs@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 26 Aug 2006 15:26:54 -0400

Hi Everyone,

As I remember back to the information that was discussed at the founding
meeting during the CNA convention; there was a group preference that our
association would be informal. I share this feeling as well.

I also believe, in order for the association to move forward, we will need
to have certain roles and responsibilities defined which will help us to be
able to make decisions effectively and to take care of administrative tasks
efficiently.

I would like all members to consider the following suggested positions and
comment whether or not they feel that these five individuals will cover all
necessary tasks we will have in the short term.

The way I see it we will likely need:
        President / Chairman
        Vice - President/Chairman
        Secretary - Treasurer
        Editor (eNewsletter, Website)
        Webmaster - Moderator

I certainly have no desire or intention that we entrench ourselves in
unnecessary formality, but I think we will need to be able to make decisions
and handle the what if's that come up in an efficient manner.

Many of you have filled out a questionnaire for me and some have indicated a
willingness to participate in the association. Once we determine the roles
we need I would like to call for volunteers/nominations for these roles; if
we have a great deal of interest in particular positions we may need a way
of choosing a candidate.

I would appreciate everyones feedback.
Henry