[climatematters] FW: Tell Toyota to Support Higher Fuel Standards

  • From: Leslie Coelho <lesliecoelho@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "climatematters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <climatematters@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2007 10:51:24 +0100

Dear all,

Thought you would be interested in reading this and to reward you for taking
the time and effort to do so there is a free offer at the bottom of the email.

Stop Global Warming Virtual March10/18/07

NOBEL PUTS FOCUS ON GLOBAL WARMINGCongratulations to Al Gore and the United
Nations' Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change for receiving the Nobel
Peace prize. As Al Gore commented, "This is a chance to elevate global
consciousness about the challenges that we face now." Thanks to the Norwegian
Nobel Committee for recognizing the importance of protecting the world's
climate, and encouraging immediate action.

TOYOTA'S GREEN BUBBLE BURSTING?Toyota, one of the greenest car companies in the
world, is making an about-face and attempting to derail a bill that would raise
the fuel economy standard to 35 mpg by 2020. Please let Toyota know that we
desperately need higher fuel economy standards to stop global warming.
Click Here to send a message to Toyota

CHINA TO BAN INEFFICIENT LIGHT BULBSThe environmental funding agency Global
Environment Facility has started a world campaign to ban all inefficient
lightbulbs, and China is the first developing country to agree to join the
program. Considering China produces 70 percent of the planet's lightbulbs, the
agreement could bring considerable benefit, mitigating 500 million tons of
carbon dioxide annually.

STOPPING GLOBAL WARMING ON CAMPUSThis semester Stanford students will be part
of the largest energy conservation program of its kind. In cooperation with the
Sierra Club and Resource Solutions Group, the university will distribute 7,000
compact fluorescent lamps to student residents and staff.
Also in California, Pitzer College has designed and built phase one of its new
residence halls to the highest rating (Gold) ever awarded by the US Green
Building Council for residence hall construction. Upon completion of its
three-phase construction project in progress, Pitzer will likely become the
first college in the nation to have all Gold LEED certified residence halls.

SPREAD THE WORD ON MTVUWant to represent StopGlobalWarming.org on mtvU? mtvU,
MTV's college network, is teaming up with Microsoft Windows Live Messenger for
a new series that will showcase college student activists and the organizations
they are passionate about. If you or a friend are involved in building the Stop
Global Warming Virtual March and would like to share your platform with the
world, please visit casting.mtvu.com for more information.
Keep Marching!Laurie DavidFounderStopGlobalWarming.org

Stop Global Warming Virtual March, 15332 Antioch Street #168, Pacific
Palisades, CA 90272

As a reward for reading these emails. I'm giving away a pair of Free tickets to
see Christopher Howard on a first come first served basis
For Free Tickets Click Here

After attending Breakthrough to success I had a one hour management meeting at
work, after the meeting I asked my Boss to let me know if he noticed any
changes in me at work over the next few weeks. His response was that he we did
not need that much time as he had seen a dramatic improvement in my
performance, just in that one meeting. This suppressed me as I had spent the
weekend at Breakthrough to success looking at my relationships and not focusing
on work issues. I would highly recommend this weekend.

For Free Tickets Click Here

Leslie
Celeb spotting – Play CelebMashup and win cool prizes
https://www.celebmashup.com