[cldp] Re: trac 0.9.4 installed on site

  • From: Karol Pietrzak <kap4020@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cldp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 25 Apr 2006 00:23:34 -0400

On Thursday 20 April 2006 01:28, Benjamin Rich wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Just letting you know I reduced my lifespan today by 6months
> installing trac on the website. Had to also install all it's
> dependencies and not kill myself =)

I sincerely apologize for the main you had to go through.  I'm surprised there
weren't binaries of everything available.  I guess that's why we're working
on the CLDP. :)

> Anyway it's working, though
> probably with some problems no doubt, haven't fully tested it. I've
> only set up one user (as an admin), and I've installed the webadmin
> plugin but don't know where to reach it or what it does, as I'm
> completely new to trac. Karol maybe you'd like to do something on it?

Yes!  I'd like to learn as much as I can about it because I've heard excellent
things, and I feel we'll really need something like it.

It'll help us two-fold:
1. Organize ourselves and determine exactly what needs to be done
2. Attract volunteers because the amazing organization of the CLDP :)

> Anyway, I'm sick, tired, and have just spent 8hours installing python,
> swig, sqlite, pysqlite, svn, etc. etc. ÂAlso have setup an svn
> repository, but no idea how to, uh, do anything with it yet (have
> never used svn/cvs myself). Also I suppose it would help if we had
> some code to put in.

Heh, I've got some code.  It was in Sourceforge CVS before some guy uploaded
8GB of MP3s using my account!!  I ended up getting my account deleted, but
thankfully I had the source on my hard drive.

> So uh, progress made, but I'm going to sleep for a couple of days now.

Thank you for everything!  I'm willing to get the load off of you.  Wanna make
me a Trac account?  Or I can just do it myself I have the machine's login
details.

Once again, thanks for Trac! :)

--
Karl Pietrzak