[cldp] Re: news

  • From: Karol Pietrzak <kap4020@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cldp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 18 Apr 2006 21:45:39 -0400

Looking at http://www.linux-platform.org/, I think it looks good!

> There is another symbol which means 'translation' - it's not specific
> to language translating, it's an element that can be put between other
> symbols representing a thing which translates between them. In
> hindsight that probably would have been better =P  But it's a more
> complex symbol and looks like a barred gate when it's rendered tinier
> than 64x64.
>
> I wanted something which said simple, straight-forward, "it just works".

Definitely nice words and phrases. :)

> - I have made pages for the printing layer (sally) and device layer
> (norwood), but they're both blank so far. Karol - if you want I can
> give you FTP access so you can modify these files and put code/explain
> your aims on them.

Sure, definitely.  If the Wiki will be up soon, I'll just use that instead.

> - I will be adding a FAQ page soon, and will make it available through
> a link on the menu, and also clicking the new logo, which I'm sure
> nobody will understand and everybody will instinctiely want to click
> for answers. Please send anything you think should be included.

Thanks, Ben!  I will get more involved after this week, because I'm just super
busy this week.

P.S. Any interest in making a Google Summer of Code project?  I'd be all over
that.  Currently, I'm considering doing a KDE or Python project, which will
seriously affect any commitments I can make to the CLDP.

--
Karl Pietrzak
kap4020@xxxxxxx