[cldp] libraries wrapping incompatible interfaces

  • From: Karol Pietrzak <kap4020@xxxxxxx>
  • To: cldp@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 13 Apr 2006 12:01:54 -0400

Hello there.

The Common Linux Desktop Platform project struck my eye for two reasons:
1. Because Linux needs this
2. Because I was working on something vaguely similar

Quick question, though: would this CLDP contain wrappers for items like
printing, installing menu items, "Autoplay" for CD-ROM/DVD-ROM drives, etc.?

These are features that exist right now, but the problem is that developers
can't take advantage of them without selecting a specific software package,
such as CUPS or KDE.

Thanks for everyone's time!

--
Karl Pietrzak