[cla-oa] Open Access Week October 19-23, 2009

  • From: "Goddard, Lisa" <lgoddard@xxxxxx>
  • To: <cla-oa@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 10 Sep 2009 11:56:50 -0230

Dear Colleagues,

As many of you are undoubtedly aware, we will be celebrating the first
ever Open Access Week from October 19-23, 2009. This presents a great
opportunity for libraries to raise OA awareness among our patrons and
faculty, and to advocate to our larger institutions and communities. An
Open Access Week website has been created to help you learn more:
http://www.openaccessweek.org/

The Open Access Directory Wiki maintains a list of activities that are
planned for Open Access Week. If your library is planning an event, an
announcement, or even if you're just putting together a webpage, then
we'd really encourage you to share that information with everyone by
updating the OAD wiki: http://oad.simmons.edu/oadwiki/

We look forward to hearing about your plans.

Lisa Goddard & Leah Vanderjagt

CLA Open Access Interest Group Co-convenors

lgoddard@xxxxxx

leah.vanderjagt@xxxxxxxxxxx