Child Passenger Safety Colorado News and Information (no subject)

  • From: camie wewer <cjwewer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <cjwewer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 21:50:16 -0600

 From: Camie.Wewer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
To: cjwewer@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 19 Apr 2012 20:41:23 -0500

CDC Focuses on Pediatric Injury with New Study/ResourcesApril 19, 2012According
to the latest report released by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention
(CDC) on April 16th, although the injury death rate among children has dropped
nearly 30 percent over the last decade, injury remains the No. 1 cause of death
for kids. The CDC also reports that in 2009, more than 9,000 children lost
their lives as the result of unintentional injury in the United States. To help
address the problem of child injury, CDC has partnered with more than 60
stakeholders, including the Center for Injury Research and Prevention, to
develop a National Action Plan for Child Injury Prevention (NAP). The NAP is
designed to raise awareness about child injury and its effects on our nation,
highlight prevention solutions by uniting stakeholders around a common set of
goals and strategies, and mobilize a national, coordinated effort to reduce
child injury."As a researcher and medical practitioner, I see firsthand how
common child injuries are and the impact they have on children and their
families," says Flaura Winston, MD, PhD, founder and scientific co-director of
CIRP. "We are so pleased to be able to contribute to NAP and join with CDC and
other organizations to help mobilize the injury prevention community. Although
the drop in the pediatric injury death rate over the past decade shows great
progress, there is still much work to be done."Click here to download the
NAP.To learn more about child injury prevention and CIRP’s areas of emphasis,
click here.    Camie WewerCPS Technician/Instructor; Special Needs CPSNorth
Suburban Medical Center Baby On The Go  303 453 2273 Baby on the Go Car Seat
Information line @ North Suburban Medical Center303 489 4819 Cell