Child Passenger Safety Colorado News and Information CPS Advisory Council Reps Needed!!!

  • From: camie wewer <cjwewer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <cjwewer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2012 09:55:32 -0600

My apologies if you received this as a duplicate.  We are trying to get the
word out.
See message below:

 Camie Wewer-Program Coordinator *CPS Technician/Instructor*Special Needs
CPSNourish @ North Suburban Medical Center * Baby On The Go * Child Passenger
Safety Assistance and Education303 489 4819 Cell 303 453 2273 NSMC

CHILD PASSENGER SAFETY TEAM COLORADO

700 Kipling St. Suite #1000
Lakewood, CO 80215
carseats@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
303-239-4500

WWW.CARSEATSCOLORADO.COM

April 10, 2012
The CPS Team Colorado Advisory Council serves as a cooperative body established
to monitor and provide program direction and technical guidance to Colorado
communities, agencies
 and organizations as a means to maintain a credible, effective child passenger
safety (CPS) program. The purpose of the CPS Team Colorado Advisory Council is
to manage the training, implementation and effectiveness of Child Passenger
Safety in the State of
 Colorado. The guidance developed by this Council is directed toward helping
agencies, organizations and others wishing to implement child passenger safety
training programs to benefit the public.
Seeking CPS Team Colorado Advisory Council Representatives for
Districts 1, 2, 9, and 11! Applications will be accepted thru May 1, 2012.
Council Membership
The Council consists of child passenger safety advocates from districts across
Colorado from hospitals, law enforcement, public health and other
organizations. At-large groups are
 selected through an open application process. Appointments are three-year
terms beginning October 1st of the application year.
Members representing the Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) and
Children’s Hospital Colorado are appointed to the Council by their
organization/alliance and are not subject
 to an open application process.
Roles and Responsibilities of CPS Council Members

Council members are required to participate in four meetings per year (whether
by call or in person).
Council members are to serve as a liaison between the district/affiliation they
represent and the technicians and instructors in that area.
Council members should understand the needs of their District and assist in the
coordination of CPS activities in their area.
Council members are required to serve on at least one committee and to work on
council/committee activities as needed between meetings.
 If you have any questions about this position please feel free to contact any
of the district
 representatives listed below. You can also contact me:

Corporal Heather Cobler

            heather.cobler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

            303-239-4537

Bottom of Form

Representative

Held By

Positions Open

District 1

Vacant –

Apply Now

Acting Advisor, Corporal Heather Cobler

Colorado State Patrol

303-239-4537

heather.cobler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1

District 2

Vacant –

Apply Now

Acting Advisor, Corporal Heather Cobler

Colorado State Patrol

303-239-4537

heather.cobler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1

District 3

Michelle Pemberton (Eastern District 3)

Northeast Colorado Health Department

970-522-3741, Ext: 239

michellep@xxxxxxxx

Janet Werst (Western District 3)

Poudre Valley Hospital

970-495-7327

Jw12@xxxxxxxx

0

District 4

Pat Turechek

Colorado Springs Police Department

719-444-7240

turechpa@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0

District 5

Cheryl Gilmore

719-336-5874

CThomas@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0

District 6

Cheryl Reid

Crossroads Turning Points, Inc.

719-924-9511

creid@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0

District 7

Colin Fowler

Colorado State Patrol

719-589-2503

colin.fowler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

0

District 8

Diane Downing

Southern Ute Community Action Programs

970-769-3190

ddowning@xxxxxxxxx

0

District 9

Vacant –

Apply Now

Acting Advisor, Corporal Heather Cobler

Colorado State Patrol

303-239-4537

heather.cobler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1

District 10

Jackie Pike (Western District 10)

Red, White & Blue Fire Rescue

970-453-2474

jpike@xxxxxxxxxxx

Kim Green (Eastern District 10)

Think First / Vail Valley Medical Center

970-477-5166

greene@xxxxxxxx

0

District 11

Vacant –

Apply Now

Acting Advisor, Corporal Heather Cobler

Colorado State Patrol

303-239-4537

heather.cobler@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

1

Thank you for your consideration!

Corporal Heather Cobler
Colorado State Patrol
CPS Team Colorado – State Coordinator
303-239-4537

Under Colorado's Open Records Act (CORA), all e-mails sent by or to me on this
state-owned e-mail account may be subject to public disclosure.