CPS Team Colorado District One news Training Coordinator Update

  • From: camie wewer <cjwewer@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <cjwewer@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 8 Feb 2011 22:43:15 -0700

Good Evening,As some of you may be aware there has been a change to the
Training Coordinator position for CPS Team Colorado.  Vera Fullaway was not
awarded the Training Coordinator position for the fiscal year September
2010-September 2011.  Children's Hospital has been awarded the contract and has
posted the Training Coordinator position nationwide.  The majority of Advisory
Council members did not agree with this decision and sent a letter of protest
to the Colorado State Patrol with a request to revisit the decision.
While the request was denied, the CSP has been very receptive to our concerns
and has assured the members of the Advisory Council they had individual
meetings with, that the program will continue and the Colorado State Patrol is
interested in the continued success of the Child Passenger Safety Program.
There is a meeting with the command staff of the Colorado State Patrol and the
Advisory Council on February 16, 2011.  If you have concerns/questions that you
would like me to add to the agenda of the meeting please let me know.  If you
have any other questions regarding the state program or are interested in
training and/or update refreshers please let me know, I will do my best to find
the answers.
At this time, to my knowledge, training agenda's and budgets have not been
determined.  If your certification is set to expire this year please do not
wait for an update refresher class.  Since there is no grace period for
certification and the training program is in transition, it is probably a good
idea to do as many continuing education hours on-line or with your own agency
as possible.  Do not depend on the update refresher to be available as in years
past.  If you need assistance with this please do not hesitate to contact me.
Thank you for your dedication to the safety of the children in Colorado!
Camie Wewer

Camie Wewer
CPS Technician/Instructor; Special Needs CPS
CPS Team Colorado Advisory Council Representative District One
Drive Smart Evergreen/Conifer CPS Coordinator*Car Seat Assistance*
TeachSource @ North Suburban Medical Center Baby On The Go

303 674 9683 DS Office
303 489 4819 Cell
303 453 2273 NSMC