[citrix100plus] Re: Citrix Load Balancing

  • From: deniseba@xxxxxxxxxx
  • To: citrix100plus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 7 Apr 2004 12:52:25 -0700

Sorry to hear the bad news.  We don't do real load balancing here cuz the
apps are really dependent on each other.  You might want to look at the
AppSense product.  This is what we are currently evaluating cuz we want
the load balancing feature back.
Hope this helps.

Denise Banh
MCP CCA CNA
Republic Indemnity
Phone number 818.382.1291

Dan Barnes <barnesdan@xxxxxxxxx>
Sent by: citrix100plus-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
04/07/2004 12:43 PM
Please respond to
citrix100plus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx

citrix100plus@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
cc

Subject
[citrix100plus] Citrix Load Balancing

Greetings,

We are using MetaFrame XPe. I have a question about
the stability of load balancing and whether any of you
have come across it. Currently, some of our 2K boxes
have become hung but not fully crashed. When this
happens, the Citrix load balancing sees that there is
no one logged into the hung server and begins to send
all login requests to that server. This in turn gives
the end users an I/O error when attempting to connect
to the farm. Has anyone run across this or know of any
fixes?

THanks for any help or suggestions.

- db