[citansdnd] Re: Vigilant Bronze

  • From: Steve Bartalamay <lanzlo@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: citansdnd@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 2 Jul 2009 14:40:20 -0700

On Jul 2, 2009, at 1:36 PM, Diana Jakobs wrote:
What she brings to the fight, and her main goal will be to find the heavy hitters among the enemy army, and take them out as fast as she can since her sneak attack is wasted on big groups of weak peons. She will probably make a beeline for Maria, so that she can keep the big guys specifically off of her. In fact, we probably want a few specific people staying by her specifically for that reason.

Oh yeah. VB has sworn his kenesai oath to her and the New Empire. He's going to keep her in sight.

Just a general suggestion for the whole group, I think we should all have a decent healing potion or three each if possible, not only can it keep us going, but we can save important NPCs with them. Plus, if we can heal ourselves, our cleric can get off some buffing spells of his own before he has to start patching us up. Also, for anyone who uses a lot of ranged attacks that require ammo (I'm looking at you Archer,) think about picking up some special ammo, like silver, cold iron, adamantine. Just a few of each, but it could help if we run into something with serious damage resistances. Also, just at a guess, we might just run into some dragons, see if you can get a couple arrows that are specifically dragonbane, or some elemental ammo.

Speaking of dragons, can we pick something up to get them out of the air? Nothing is worse than the enemies having air support when we don't. Even something as simple as a large net (maybe made of chain?) could get them down for a round or two.

VB can turn into a ballista. Not sure if that would be the best use of that ability, but...

Perhaps create a few barbed spears that have strong ropes attached to heavy weights that he can shoot at the enemy air support. He can also go toe-to-toe with the dragons, seeing as how his signature sword is keyed to dragonbane and has a variable elemental aura on it.

Also, we didn't get into this, but there was some discussion of trying to do something useful with the firebreathing rat. That will require DM input, but, I wouldn't mind exploring that if possible, even one blast from the guy could do some serious damage to general low level grunts (assuming he actually has a breath weapon...) In fact, in that vein, any cheap area effect, one shot items people can think of might be useful for anyone to have? Can we get hold of a few wands of burning hands or something to help with the masses of level 1 grunts we probably will have around us?

Thunderstones fired from slings. One shot alchemical items that create a thunderous cacophony when the strike a hard surface. Using the slings to give them distance.